Saturday 15 December 2007

Lakeside CP and Gosport

Hey guys,
The day started with my WEX group's annual birdwatching competition at Lakeside Country Park. My team, James' Falcons, came second with our highlights being 7 Pochard circling over, a Little Egret over, several Snipe flushed from the marshy bit and several flocks of Siskin. Altogether there were probably about 50 Siskin.
Afterwards we went to Gosport where there was no sign of the Ring-billed Gull on the Walpole Park boating lake, but there was a Med Gull. However on Anglesey Lake we had super views of the Red-necked Grebe plus a male Merganser and 2 Goldeneye. Unfortunately I didnt have a camera on me otherwise I could have got some super shots. After a nice lunch in the local greasy spoon we headed back to the boating lake where there was still no sign of the Ring-bill.
All the best everyone,
Tom

No comments: