Monday 25 January 2010

Hi all - Intro

Hi everyone,

I just thought I would introduce myself and say hello. My name is Andrew and I am a birdwatcher that lives in County Durham in the United Kingdom. I am 18 years old and have been birdwatching for about 4 years and have been very keen for about 1 ½ year now. I am quite into “twitching” but do not consider myself a twitcher as I am also interested in the commoner birds as well as the rarer ones. I have a British list that consists of 227 species and my life list is 229 with Alpine Swift and Hoopoe seen on family holidays in the past. I consider myself very fortunate to have seen some fantastic rare birds over the years including: Wryneck, Black Tern, Common Crane, Ring-billed Gull, Glaucous & Iceland Gulls, King Eider, Great-white Egret, Semipalmated Sandpiper, Lesser Yellowlegs, Hooded Merganser (BBRC pending?), Blue-winged Teal, Buff-breasted Sandpiper, Glossy Ibis, Richard’s Pipit, Snow Goose, Black-throated Thrush, Ring-necked Duck, and the rarest of them all UK’s 1st record and Europe’s 5th ever record of Eastern Crowned Warbler. My life list is still quite small but I am sure it will grow.

My favourite bird is the White-tailed eagle. The bird I would like to see more than any other is a Slender-billed Curlew, but sadly this now seems very unlikely. I hope in the future I can input some useful and entertianing information onto this blog and I hope you enjoy whatever it is I post.

Cheers,

Andrew K

1 comment:

Tucker L said...

Welcome to the blog-it looks like you have seen lots of nice birds.