Wednesday 30 January 2008

Hello from me and my recent visit to Ireland.

Hey!

My name is Kane Brides, I'm 18 and from Atherton which is on the border of Grt Manchester. Been interested in birds since I can remember. My local patch is Pennington Flash but also spends lots of my time at WWT Martin Mere. I have birded in quite a few countries France, Spain, Germany and Australia and I am also a registered BTO ringer (C permit). I have worked/volunteered for the Wildfowl and Wetlands trust for 6-7 years working at Martin Mere, Slimbridge and Caerlaverock. I currently have Zeiss bins 10x42 conquest and a opticron scope + Nikon coolpix 4500 camera.

Anyhow I hope I am doing this correctly! Thought my first post would be regarding my recent visit to Ireland last week whilst looking for Whooper Swans for WWT. I was staying mostly in the Donegal area but also had trips out to Derry and Sligo again in search of swans but managed to get some nice birds along the way. Green Winged Teal, Iceland Gull, Kumliens Gull (Lifer for me), Glaucous Gull and Surf Scoter.

Also lots of other common species, nice to see Hooded Crows, Bewick Swans and also Gannets whilst on the ferry from Belfast.

1 comment:

David Campbell said...

Sorry for my late reply to your email, my email was broken.
I may have seen you at Pennington because I visit there every winter. Well done on all those birds!